Sunday, August 23, 2009


The weekend in Rainy Beach Town was not without its' drawbacks.
The weather was dreadful most of the time so fishing was out (not that I really mind but the boys were disappointed)
Fabio starting feeling quite sick and spent most of Saturday napping while I tried to keep the kids quiet -- mmmyeah not easy when they couldn't go outside for fear of being blown away.

Early Sunday morning (3am) I was woken by some drunks returning and letting themselves back into their unit with lots of laughing and drunken encouragement. Took them a while to quiet down while I lay there plotting how to silence all drunks permanently.

Sometime later (4.30am) I was woken by the sounds of my husband yelling loudly and I propped myself up on my elbow to see him wrestling with a strange naked man who had mysteriously appeared in our unit. He handily tossed the man out (King Gee stuff) giving him a good kick in the arse on the way, then rang the police, so there went any hope of further sleep.

He had to give a statement and all the rest of that sort of thing, which took forever.

I asked him what had happened and he said he felt a hand on his leg and thought (with his sleeping mind) that it was one of the kids, but then realised that the hand was too cold and too large and it was reaching for his butt! so he rolled over and saw this naked stranger looming over him!! SCARY!

We figured later that the guy was probably one of our drunken neighbours who had staggered out for a piddle (because it is so much trouble to open a bathroom door and lift the ring in the middle of the night) and let himself back into the wrong unit.

I don't know WHY our door wasn't locked! We think the kids might've opened the door without one of us noticing, and for some reason we didn't check before going to sleep.

Anyway, no harm done I guess, so we packed up and came home, but poor Fabio just got sicker and sicker and then the kids started coughing and snobbling and running temperatures, and then I did too and we all went to bed and coughed and vomited and felt sorry for ourselves and that has pretty much been my week since then.

The doctor's thinking swine flu but of course there is no way to know for sure since they have stopped testing for it.

Hopefully we are all on the mend now though..... the kids have missed 5 weeks of school with illness so far this year!


  1. OMG Toni, what an experience and a half that was!!! You have such a good way of telling stories even if they aren't the best of experiences. Here's praying for a quick recovery for you all lovely lady, Tiff xx.

  2. Thankyou soooooo much for your gorgeous comment sweetie, you rock!!!!!


Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.