Monday, September 17, 2012

spring has sprung

There ARE a couple of things I like about winter.

Food, mostly.

And curling up by the fire with a good book.

That's pretty much it.

Because in winter, I shut down. I don't go anywhere, or do anything. I lose enthusiasm for just about everything. I feel weighed down.
Taking the kids to school is an effort. Going shopping is an effort. I don't go out for coffee, or go window shopping, or visit the library, or go to the beach.

I stagnate.

And while I don't LIKE it, I feel powerless to do anything about it. Winter (in my head, at least) is the time to hunker down somewhere warm, and wait for it to be over.

But spring has sprung here in BeachTown.



And, OH, I feel good! The flowers are blooming, the birds are out singing (no, it's not the iPad) and the sun is warm.

Whatever is inside me (call it spirit, if you like) is relaxing. I can feel all the tension draining away, those metaphorical shoulders are dropping, losing the defensive hunch against the cold and grey.
I can breathe big lungfuls of warm, scented air, I can leave my bedroom windows open all night, I can bask and revel and delight in the sun.

I know there's rain ahead -- we get our rain through winter and spring -- but the winter has passed for another year......
.......and I'm LOVIN it!



2 comments:

  1. STILL winter down here :( can you send me some SPRING :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!
    I'm with you - welcoming Spring with open arms.
    :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx