Monday, May 11, 2009

how awkward.....

Jack missed school on Friday, due to sickness, so he wasn't able to bring home the Mothers' Day card he had made for me. His teacher put it in an envelope for him, and carefully wrote on the front, then gave it to a neighbouring child to bring over.
So Saturday morning, the envelope is delivered by said child. Jack took it from her, and looked at it, then at me, then at the envelope, all the time his little face becoming more and more concerned-looking.
He handed it to me, and I (as Mums do) read aloud -- To Mummy, From Jack! in my most enthusiastic, what-have-we-here voice.
Jack looked even more concerned.
"Well, this is a little awkward" he said. "I've never seen that before in my life."

When I finished laughing, I showed him that his teacher had just wrapped his card, much to his relief!



2 comments:

  1. Awkward but so, so sweet at the same time xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you wrote that down! It's something you wont want to forget :) What a little treasure he is

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx