Wednesday, July 29, 2009

sex on public radio

Like much of Australia, I am appalled by this story in the news today.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/29/2640311.htm

There are just so many levels of wrong here, it's hard to know where to begin. I am not going to focus on Sandilands' obviously inappropriate comment - the man was clearly floundering - but really! you open up a LIE DETECTOR and fail to think there's potential for trouble? HELLOOO!
What kind of idiots even entertain the possibilty of allowing someone to ask sex questions of their 14 yo in the first place?? Why did the radio station think it was acceptable for a minor to be questioned like this??
And what kind of person thinks they might get quality parenting help from disc jockeys??? None of these people are professionals, trained to handle issues dealing with drug use and underage sex.

I sincerely hope that the mother is ashamed of herself, and that authorities are looking into that family situation. I sincerely hope the radio station responsible is heavily fined and begins to form some kind of moral policy regarding what is esentially a stunt. I sincerely hope Sandilands and Jackie O learn from this and NEVER do anything like it again.
And I sincerely hope someone is looking out for that poor little girl.



2 comments:

  1. well said and totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni.
    Yep agree
    I have left something for you on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx