Monday, November 16, 2009

been busy crafting......



I've been busy with Kaiser!
I've had these gingerbread men in my stash since last Christmas but I couldn't think what to do with them. In the end, I decided to try Tim Holtz alcohol inks (caramel and ginger)which worked beautifully though the inks are designed for non-porous surfaces, and the chippie sucked it up like a thirsty man at closing time! I used half the bottle of caramel to do 8 gingerbread men. Still, the inks allow some texture to show through, and paint wouldn't, so I'm really pleased with the result.
The currants are Kaiser bling (black), and the icing dots are Kaiser pearls (Blush)
I used scraps of ribbon as well, and the backs are papered with leftover bits of Christmas papers and I also used K&Co chippie alphas that I've had forever.
These ones are made to hang on the tree, but the men have little holes in their hands so you could string them together as a garland, or join them to make an album if you preferred.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx