Friday, October 28, 2011

new followers and old friends

I seem to have picked up a few new followers in the last week or so, and so I'd like to take this opportunity to say WELCOME and also apologise in advance for not being as sparkling as you'd hoped, or for the occasional profanity, or for the frequent fits of near-lunacy.


I would also like to say THANKYOU to all my 'old friends', who keep reading in spite of the lack-of-sparkle, the profanity and the near-lunacy; you make my mornings worthwhile.

And if you're a 'lurker' -- someone who reads but never comments -- unmask yourself and say hello? I've often thought of giving up blogging, and then someone will say "Oh, yes, I check your blog every day" and I had no idea they had ever looked at it.

Bloggers DO write for themselves and we probably would even if no-one ever read or commented, but NEVER under-estimate the power of a little encouragement!

13 comments:

  1. Yes I am here nearly every day and love reading about you and your thoughts. Please don't ever stop xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check in every day. Sometimes I don't always comment because I don't know what to say, but I am reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pop in almost everyday Toni, just to see what you are up to ... and see what 'gems' you have for us each day !!!! luv reading your blog !!!! keep it up girl !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't come here every day, my blog reading, like my blog writing, is sporadic at best. But I ALWAYS come back here. As long as you keep writing, I'll keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I come specifically for the profanity and near-lunacy. Makes me feel at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read everything you post. Haven't missed one in about 2 years :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Near-lunacy is really underachieving, you know?!
    Love it here too.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm another daily visitor, sometime commenter. I love your work and hope to be reading here for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always here girl and I love the lunacy and profanity. The true candidness of this blog is what keeps me coming back xxx
    Is candidness even a word? U know what I mean by it in case its not a word, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I SO know what you mean about comments! I write for myself too - but it's so great to get affirmation that my words haven't just fallen into a black hole somewhere ...

    I guess Google Reader has a lot to answer for, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dropping a note to say hello and that I love your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always here too. Often don't comment as I usually read your blog at work (I know, I know) and have a quick read (like right now)and log off before I get busted. Do not stop. Ever. Love you xxxx Oh and I always show as anonymous because I either can't remember my log in or I'm in a big hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. am here! Will always be here ... lurking ... looking for a good F bomb or two ... and a bit of giney talk ... and a vibrator review ...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx