Sunday, March 3, 2013

H is for hair

I always had an odd relationship with my hair. Most redheads will completely get this.

As a child, I hated it, because of the notoriety it earned me.

I got teased about it endlessly, and some of the nicknames were cute (like Meggsy) but I couldn't see it at the time. I wanted to blend in, not stand out.

{{One of lifes' facts -- redheads don't blend in.}}

I would have cheerfully swapped with a blonde; they seemed to have so much more fun.

As I got older, I began to appreciate it more. Yes, I still got a lot of nasty comments. (do a quick Google search, and you'll find a lot of this sort of stuff...

)

but a lot of people also found it kind of .. well, hot. And when it's washed and straightened, it looks good. And in the last few years, I've really come to love it, and be proud of it.

So it is kind of ironic that it's now turning white.

Clairol, anyone?

4 comments:

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx