Wednesday, May 5, 2010

shopping, girl style

Last weekend, Fabio and I took the kiddies to the Big Smoke. Fabio had loads of boring boy-stuff to do, so he took HandsomeSon and left The Princess and I in the HOMEWARES shops. With NO BOYS. For the first time in about 3 years, we were free to BROWSE!
And we did!
The Princess is 5, but has already acquired the fine art of girly window-shopping. She knows we're 'just looking, thanks' and none of these delectable goodies will be finding its' way back to Dreary Town with us, but that doesn't stop her from enjoying them one little bit.
So we danced and whirled from one gorgeous display to the next, admiring cushions and lamps and pictures and curtains and bowls and sofas and beds, and I was quite surprised by her taste.
Yes, she is still totally enthralled by anything coloured Lurid Pink, and if it has the word BARBIE stamped anywhere on it, she's in heaven, but she is also developing a sense of her own style (if you can have such a thing at 5) and we had a fabulous time between the two of us.
Mother-Daughter moments.... what's not to love?

4 comments:

  1. Toni, ENJOY these special moments, they grow up all to quick and then there is NO SUCH THING AS ""WINDOW"" SHOPPING!!!!! hehehehehe its all SHOPPING... SHOPPING... SHOPPING.... for real!!!! (and usually MUM is paying!!!!) hehehhe sounds like you had a WONDERFUL TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and your little girl had such a wonderful time! Shopping with my mom has always been one of my favorite things to do in the whole world! Bet she'll say the same someday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have submitted this somewhere too, its a lovely story!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so precious at that age. enjoy every moment. I'm hoping to have one of theose with my not so little girl tomorrow. She used to like barbies too! Nothing wrong with pink!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx