Saturday, January 22, 2011

the Kings' Speech

Bloody splendid.

The actors are all superb -- of course -- Mr Rush is in marvellous form, and Colin Firth is simply perfect. All the supporting cast are fabulous, and the sets and costumes are beautiful.

Our movie theatre was fairly full with NOT ONE smart-arse teenager (huge bonus) and I really enjoyed hearing so much appreciative laughter rolling around the room. This isn't a 'Hollywood funny' movie - the humour is dry and very English somehow.

I really can't recommend this movie enough. If you haven't seen it, go. I'm giving it 6 rubber duckies --- out of 5. Yes, it's that good.


1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. We watched it the other night at home (like it was ever going to come out in a Hong Kong cinema...) and we LOVED IT. What a great movie.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx