Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Diary of a School Lunch Box

WEEK ONE (back to school)

chicken and cucumber wraps with dijonnaise
or
ham and salad mini-roll
or
home-made quiche with a side bowl of cucumber, capsicum, green beans, and cherry tomatoes

home made muffin (carrot, or choc chip, or banana)

frozen yoghurt

small bunch of grapes, or a fresh peach, or chopped watermelon

image from here

WEEK TWO

ham and salad sandwich with dijonnaise
or
peanutbutter and Nutella (I know. But the kids like it)

packet of Tiny Teddies, or mini-Oreos, or slice of left-over cake

apple, chopped watermelon, or a sliced orange

image from here

WEEK THREE TILL THE END OF THE YEAR

peanutbutter and Nutella sandwich on day (or two) old bread

something for recess

something from the fruit bowl

image from here

Can anyone else relate?

8 comments:

  1. Oh hear you!!
    It's more a time thing for me.....if I had more time their lunchboxes would rock for the entire year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 4, lunch orders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do more than relate. I can say with certainty that my kids never had it so good in the first couple of weeks. For them it was a plain old sandwich from day one. They always had a good breakfast and dinner, so I was never fussed about lunch which they didn't eat a lot of the time anyaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are grateful for a jam sandwich and a baby-bell.

    In fact I switched to school dinners ages ago. Far less hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH.

    See, we've heard of school dinners, and seen them in movies and such, but we don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes indeed. I will go one better - it is week two, and I pulled out the lunch order bag this morning.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natalie, and welcome :)

    Yes, our canteen hasn't sent out the new order forms yet, or I would have been tempted already.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx