Wednesday, February 1, 2012

do fish fly?

My daughters' goldfish has gone missing.

Completely.

I've searched in and under and through every place in her room, and it just. isn't. there.

We are mystified.

My own theory, that the fish was a Secret Agent who had completed his mission and teleported back to his Masters to make a report, was greeted with derision by the children.

The Princess advanced the opinion that burglars broke in and stole him.

Mr 10 was too busy playing SmashWarKartCraft or something, and didn't have any alternative ideas to offer.


In news that may or may not be related, we seem to have a lot of cats.


That's not all of them, I know there are more. They hide when they hear the vacuum cleaner start up.
I think my daughter is a Junior Crazy Cat Lady.

10 comments:

  1. I'm afraid this story cannot have a happy ending.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a fish who disappeared a few years ago. Apparently, it jumped in the dirty clothes basket and we found it when we went to do the laundry.

    However, I like the Secret Agent idea better. I think my fish missed his dish when he teleported back from his Masters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one that happened to! I had 3 goldfish and then suddenly I only had 2. My tank had a lid, and while I have had goldfish attack and eat another fish before, they don't usually disappear him entirely overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni ~ while I offer my sympathies to your daughter on the missing goldfish, I have to thank you for always being able to put a smile on my face. Watch "K-Pax" and tell her that her fish was an alien who went back to its home planet. ~ Ci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something fishy going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! lol...um, I got nothing. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH ..... so this is the 'fishy' hunt you were on yesterday ??? veeeerrrryyy interesting !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, no fish but at least her room got thoroughly cleaned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is hysterical! Where could it be? M.I.A. x

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx