Tuesday, February 21, 2012

the teakettle post

You know that sound a kettle makes when it's boiling? the high-pitched whistling that drills a hole through your head?

Yep, that's the sound I'm making right now, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

..... because LOOK what just arrived at my house (on my arm)


A little white box, carefully packed in a padded bag, carefully packed into a post box.


with TISSUE PAPER

and inside...





SO BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED that the packaging was in itself a gift....



.... my gorgeous 10th Companion Bracelet from the lovely Miss Jennie.
(apologies for the wrinkly old arm, I have another but it's just as bad)

Jennies' listing says
"Do you long to travel through space and time. Do you listen for the whine of the TARDIS' engines, just in case the Oncoming Storm is headed your way? Are you convinced you would have been the Tenth Doctor's perfect companion? If so, then this is the bracelet you've been waiting for!

The Tenth Doctor's Companion Charm Bracelet is filled to the brim with memories of the Ten's adventures in time and space. The 17 charms are a collection of Tibetan silver and pewter, surrounded by a mixture of glass, AB glass, shell, and crystal beads in shades of cobalt, sky blue, jet black and smoky grey. Since life with the Doctor involves an awful lot of running, I've used a VERY sturdy lobster style clasp.

The charms include:
Hope disk: "Oh, I always live in hope." - The Doctor
Rose: for Rose Tyler
Bad Wolf
Union Jack: To be hung by the lady or gentleman of the house
Key to the TARDIS: a frequent fliers privileged
The Earth : It. Is. Defended.
An odd Ood
Angel Wing: For everyone's favorite monsters, the Weeping Angels
Police Box: Time machine & spacecraft; aka the sports car of time travel.
Stethoscope, which somehow fit into rather small looking pockets
Two Hearts: both of which can break
Red Converse Sneaker: Ten's preferred footwear
Handy Spare Hand
Clockwork Lady
Fob Watch: Also known as the Chameleon Arch, a pocket watch in which the Doctor can store his memories and personality, while becoming temporarily human.
Teacup: Good cuppa tea is just the thing in the case of regeneration.
Bananas, which should always be brought to a party"


EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

6 comments:

  1. Thats brilliant!! I love Dr Who .. but not enough to understand all those symbols ... makes me want to go and watch it :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have explained each symbol, some of them had escaped me. A bracelet of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Toni xx u know you have been waiting & waiting & waiting for this to arrive !!!!!! its looks amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LOVE it! So special and so deserved, Toni. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bracelet!! I've seen Miss Jennie's site and want so much from there. I'd better buy a lotto ticket....

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear what you have to say even if you disagree with me. I have only one request -- please keep it polite.
Thankyou.

xx